Learn tips for breaking through writer's block
Explore the problem you are investigating, not the topic and make a plan for your writing
- Identify your audience
- Who will be reading your work?
- What is the purpose of your writing?
- How can vou achieve this purpose?
- Where are you in this writing?
- Make a plan for your writing
Generate ideas through brainstorming
- Keep writing
- Be gentle with yourself as you write
- Try not to censor your writing at this point
- Always keep returning to the problem
- Think about your reader. What do they need to know? What questions might they ask?
- Will all your readers be the same?
Keep asking yourself questions
- How? So what? Why does this work matter?
- Who? What? Where? When? Why?
- Define important terms and ideas.
- What is the meaning or nature of the issue?
- Explore relationships and connections in your writing.